Monday, January 14, 2008

Unido 2 - 0 Random Team @ Punggol Sec

Good job guys for the win. Clean sheets seem to be a rarity for our team and it's the 1st clean sheet since a very long time. Well done. Though, the referee did award a goal to the opponent in the dying minutes, we are sure that the ball did not cross the line. As Ah Seng said, "Just write 2-0 on the website." So let's not let an incompetent referee take away our clean sheet. So 2-0 it shall be and let's rejoice. In my opinion, our defence did quite well. (Their attack also quite 'chui', but let's focus on the positives rather than the negatives.) We dug in deep and was able to frustrate the opponent with our resilience and determination.

Our midfield did well with Reuben providing the defensive cover and the wingers providing the width. Reuben is a revelation as defensive midfielder. KR linked up well with Leslie and Qiang was as energetic as ever. Personally, I was quite impressed by Seng's all-action tackling. I feel it gives us the aggression in the middle of the park where we lacked in several occasions. (Honestly, I prefer his tackling to his talking. :))

On my part, I thought that our attack was quite OK, managing to take our chances.

On the down side, I was quite upset with the standard of refereeing. I was kicked in the face and hacked down in the penalty box but the ref was ambivalent about it. Worse of all our Mr. Nice guy, WR, was needlessly attacked from behind by the opposition. The ref ignored our claims for fouls and it seemed like the opposition's transgressions were all forgiven in a split second. Seeing our players hurt is the last thing I want and I hope it wouldn't happen again. Luckily, our players survived, despite WR having a swell on his hand. Thank God there was no fight!

To conclude, good game good win. Maybe we play better in the future and continue to keep clean sheets like we did. Cheers!!!

RSS Digg Twitter StumbleUpon Delicious Technorati