Monday, June 30, 2008

Football

Brothers,

I appreciate all your concern and eagerness to help... Thank you for even wanting to cover my medical bill.. However, I think it won't be necessary.

What happened to me this morning could easily happen to anyone of us. I kept reminding everyone to be careful and I thought I was being so as well. I didn't expect such a vicious challenge. Yes it was dangerous and although I feel frustrated and worried, I was glad that it happened to me instead of anyone else and it wasn't life threatening.

It will take more than swollen ankles and split lips to deter me from playing. However, it serve as a reminder to everyone, including myself, to be careful and protect ourselves. And in the event if things get out of control, I believe we might as well abandon the game. For once, I'll admit that there are other many things in life more impt than football.

I should be able to remove the stitches by this Friday. A scar will be on my upper lip but hopefully thats all it will be. If nothing goes wrong, I should be able to rejoin the squad for our next weekend match. Meanwhile, enjoy the Finals later!

RSS Digg Twitter StumbleUpon Delicious Technorati