Monday, September 15, 2008

Positives

In view of the recent uproar, I have decided to shift the focus towards something more healthy, something constructive and tangible that we can look at. I know I have just joined the team but I would like to give my two cents' worth. So here's my observations based on the few matches that I have played in.

Let's start with the positives so as to lighten things up a bit.

Goalkeepers: We have a few good keepers. Especially Jackson as I am told, though I have yet the fortune to see him play. The other keepers have proved more than able.

Defenders: KS and Ben works well together and marshalls the defence well. Hong Loon is a very hardworking fullback. Seeing him play with Jia Liang on the same flank I can see them working together nicely. Weirong Is another powerhouse with his stamina and running.

Midfielders: I really think Sherman is a good holding midfielder. With him in that position I can always see him in action. Chun Seng and Junqiang have good chemistry. Junqiand in particular is I think the most hardworking player on the pitch. Jia Liang's pace on the wings means he often outrun defenders and is putting in the crosses.

Strikers: Leslie is often played as the lone striker which I think is a difficult job for him. Still he is putting in the runs and pressuring the defence. I heard he just scored 2 so he's doing his job.

The rest of the players are of course contributing too. I haven't seen enough of our matches to comment on everything. The ones that I mentioned are the more regular players in the fixed positions.

RSS Digg Twitter StumbleUpon Delicious Technorati